Did you know alcohol is the most commonly used addictive substance in the U.S? Over 17 million people suffer from alcohol abuse. There are over 7 million children living in a household where at least one parent is dependent on, or has abused alcohol.
With those statistics you may find yourself wondering, do I have a drinking problem? Here are 12 “yes” or “no” questions to help you answer that.
- Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?
- Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking– stop telling you what to do?
- Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?
- Have you had to have an eye-opener upon awakening during the past year?
~Do you need a drink to get started, or to stop shaking?
- Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?
- Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?
- Has your drinking caused trouble at home?
- Do you ever try to get “extra” drinks at a party because you do not get enough?
- Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want to, even though you keep getting drunk when you don’t mean to?
- Have you missed days of work or school because of drinking?
- Do you have “blackouts”? ~ A “blackout” is when we have been drinking hours or days which we cannot remember.
- Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?
If you answered yes to 4 or more of those questions, then that means there is a problem, but there is help.
Alcohol dependence involves multiple factors. Our trained staff will identify and treat these conditions.
We want to successfully prevent a relapse. That is why we also offer Vivitrol administration. A once monthly injection along with our recovery program is another step in ensuring your success.
For more information please call us today at 314-205-8068