If this is a question you are asking yourself, it means that you may have started to feel the consequences of a drinking habit that has gotten out of control. While it’s impossible to know for sure if you have a drinking problem without first seeking the consultation of a qualified wellness center in your area, such as Centrec Care in St. Louis, here are some signs that you may have a problem with alcohol:
- You want to quit drinking, but don’t : At some point, just about everyone has had at least one bad experience with alcohol. It could be a fight, physical illness, or a terrible hangover. Most people try to avoid those experiences from happening again and usually they succeed. If you find yourself vowing not to have an experience like that again, but continue to put yourself into those situations anyway, there is a good chance that you have a drinking problem.
- Your social life revolves around alcohol : If you find that you cannot participate in social gatherings of any kind where alcohol is not present, this is a good indication that you may have an alcohol problem and it could be time to learn more about alcohol recovery programs in the St. Louis area.
- You have a higher alcohol tolerance : If you find that it takes increasingly more alcohol for you to “get a buzz”, it means you have built up a tolerance to alcohol and this can be a sign that you have a drinking problem. Similarly, if you find yourself gulping down alcoholic drinks very quickly instead of sipping them slowly throughout the evening, an alcohol problem could be at the root of the problem.
- You put yourself in risky situations : If you find that drinking often leads to poor judgment calls such as drunk driving or unsafe sexual practices, you may have a drinking problem. In extreme cases, these risky decisions can lead to financial problems, job loss, and even jail time.
- Memory loss while drinking : Blacking out during a night of drinking is another indication of an alcohol problem. Blackouts are caused by consuming excessive amounts of alcohol and the consequences of these memory lapses can be devastating for you and your family.
If you think you may have a drinking problem and would like the help of a qualified wellness center in your area, Contact Centrec Care today to learn more about alcohol abuse treatment options that can literally change your life.