Steps On the Journey to Wellness is a Psycho-educational series that has been developed to provide insight into the way the human mind develops, how emotion is expressed and how behaviors are learned.It allows us to examine how well our inner world is functioning and how to effectively manage circumstances, as well as, relationships in the outer world.
The association between body and mind is a complex interaction that influences health. A good understanding in the way they regulate each other and in the way they affect illness and wellness, is essential to building a healthy psychological system that will ensure a greater physical and psychological well being.
The knowledge attained through such an educational process, allows one to identify deficiencies caused by adverse environmental experiences during the early years of life. Recognition of the impact of these deficiencies and taking corrective action can not only heal what is troublesome now, but can prepare the individual to effectively cope with future situations that may jeopardize one’s health.
Such a healing process can generate a better quality of life, maximize functioning and reduce the risk of re-occurrence.
This is the basic theme of the program ‘A Twelve Step Journey to Wellness’.
What to expect upon completion of the program?
- A greater understanding of self
- A broader knowledge of one’s strength and weakness
- Attain a higher level of skill to affect change
- Acquire an increased ability to cope and adapt
- Increased aptitude to manage illness effectively
- Improved capability to operate at a higher level of functioning at home, work, and in society
- Learn to accept, appreciate and enjoy a better quality of life